Solar Tracker PPT
Solar Tracker PPT
1. SOLAR TRACKER
Definition of problem
Work distribution of project
3. Definition of problem
Today’s time solar cells are becoming extremely popular for utilizing solar energy to use in different ways such as producing electricity, transportation,cooking etc .
So many solar panels have been installed all over the world and most of them are stable. They are installed in the direction of maximum radiation of sunlight.
Now the problem arises that the sun is moving .So we cannot use maximum radiation of sun all the time. The position of maximum radiation receiving position only comes once in 24 hours.
4. MARKET SOLUTION
Solar tracker is the best solution for receiving maximum radiation.
By moving the solar panel according to the movement of sun we can always receive the maximum radiation .
- The earth receives 16 x 1018 units of energy from the sun annually, which is 20,000 times the requirement of mankind on the Earth.
- Solar panels are used to convert light energy into electrical energy.
- Efficient Solar Power generation System using moving panel is a efficientpower generating system using sun light.
Two sensors in two directions to sense the direction of maximum intensity of light. The difference between the outputs of the sensors is given to the microcontroller unit.
6. Microcontroller is used to process the input voltage from the comparison circuit and control the direction in which the motor has to be rotated so that it will receive maximum intensity of light from the sun.
The power generated from this process is then stored in a lead acid battery.
Stored energy is used to run different appliances
7. BLOCK DIAGRAM
It consist of a LDR sensor senses max solar power which is being given to the Microcontroller through the ADC which digitizes the LDR output.
Controller then takes the decision according to then algorithm and tilts the panel towards the direction of the max energy given by LDR with the help of DC Motor .
The Motor is used to rotate the LDR to sense the max solar power.
9. Microcontroller receive signal from LDR output in digitized form with the help of 555 timer IC.
It responds back to the input by sending signal to the motor driver so that motor driver rotate the panel in the direction where more intensity of light is falling by minimizing the difference of resistance produced b/w two sensors to zero
10. circuit diagram
1) Microcontroller (AT89C2051)
2) 555 timer
3) Stepper motor.
4) Lead acid battery (9AH, 12V DC)
6) Solar panel
7) Crystal Oscillator
12. COMPONENTS DESCRIPTION
low-voltage, high-performance CMOS 8-bit microcomputer
2K bytes of Flash programmable and erasable read-only memory (PEROM).
128 bytes of RAM, 15 I/O lines, two 16-bit timer/counters.
a five vector two-level interrupt architecture.
13. 555 TIMER IC-
functioning as an accurate time-delay generator .
Timing from micro seconds through hours
Monostable and Astable operation
Adjustable duty cycle
Ability to operate from a wide range of supply voltages
High current output that can sink or source 200 Ma
Output can be operated normal ON and OFF
High temperature stability
14. Solar Panel
Collection of photovoltaic cells.
Photovoltaic cell is composed of sillicon
Rated by its DC output power under standard test conditions, and typically ranges from 100 to 320 watts.
Consists array of solar panels, an inverter, and sometimes a battery and or solar tracker and interconnection wiring.
The efficiency of a panel determines the area of a panel
15. Stepper Motor
- electromechanical device which converts electrical pulses into discrete mechanical movements. The speed of the motor shafts rotation is directly related to the frequency of the input pulses and the
length of rotation is directly related to the number of input pulses applied.
Lead Acid Battery-
- very low energy-to-weight ratio and a low energy-to-volume ratio, their ability to supply high surge currents means that the cells maintain a relatively large power-to-weight ratio. These features, along with their low cost, make them attractive for use in motor vehicles to provide the high current required by automobile starter motors.
Last Updated on 03 May 2016